Thursday, September 5, 2013

Why I love Rome!!



                This summer, me and my family went on a vacation to Europe. More like a tour really. We went to many places like Spain, France, and England. One of our stops was Rome. Rome is a beautiful place because of their sculptures and architecture but not because beautiful nature. Around every corner, there was a sight to see that could make your jaw drop. Literally! Rome is one of those unimaginable places that you would always want to go. After going there once, I still see Rome as one of those places! I really wish we stayed there more during out trip. 

                One highlight at Rome was this street seller. He spray painted and sold beautiful art works. I really should've bought one. He drew the coliseum with a scene of your choice. My favorite was a forest and waterfall.  He was also a performer as well as a seller. Crowds gathered up to watch him. He took drawing to a whole new level. He tossed spray cans into the air while he made different shades of color. He didn't have much tools. A set of spray paint, a plastic bag, sheets of paper and card board. Not much else. I went to ask my father to take a video, but it wasn't the best one due to our spot near him. After, when we were heading back home, we saw another spray painter. He only had one customer. He did them real slowly, and if you watched him, you'd lose your interest. So that when I understood how come he had so many costumers. He could produce paintings really fast, and he made them like a show. So people would stay there and watch until they decided if they wanted one or not. I really regret not getting one of those paintings.
                We also went to the world famous coliseum. My mom kept going about how they put humans to fight animals. She kept going on and on that it was madness but I was occupied by the sights. There was a perfect over view of the whole stadium. The steps on the stairs were very big and it was hard to go up them quickly. It was amazing. Around many places, there were cages, not too big though. Just as big as  a normal room although there was no washroom like we have now days. Just a drain and a rocky room. Well, what could I except from a structure thousands of years old? On top of the coliseum, you could see The Arch of Constantin. In my opinion, the coliseum was far more interesting. Although, engravings on The Arch made it very interesting. If I do recall correctly, one guy wearing a Spartan costume scammed us money.  We took some pictures and he forced us to pay a high amount, when we offered a standard amount. Well, at least the coliseum was fantastic!

              

  One night, before we went to out next country, we stopped by at these beautiful fountain called Trevi  Fountain. It was glorious with all the lights. I'm pretty sure we ended up there by getting lost. It was a great fountain with many statues. We took pictures there. I have to say, that fountain was the mother of all fountains! There were so many coins. If someone brought a magnet, they'd be rich. In fact, my little brother picked one up but I told him it was rude. He tossed the coin back. I'm not sure if all the coins were shining or the fountain itself was!


                Another place we went to is Trafalgar Square. We asked some police men for directions and on our way, we found this beautiful square. There were lights and performers. It was amazing. We forgot about where we were going and we just stayed there. My father bought me and my brother this toy. It had wings and you sling it up in the air with an elastic band. From far away it looks like a ball of light. It's amazing. Unfortunately, after several slings, I lost the elastic. Once we got back to Canada, I replaced it with a new rubber band. Later on it got cold so we went back to our hotel and decided to go to sleep. 

                The stay was great! I'd love to go back to Rome and visit all the places again. Around every corner was something  fabulous just like I said. Even if it wasn't famous. I also recommend going to Rome last because after seeing the tiny things there, something big  in another country like the castle in England felt like nothing! It was fun there but there were way too many statues of naked people! Ew! Rome was my favorite part of my whole trip. I'd love to go there again.
               
               

No comments:

Post a Comment