Thursday, July 21, 2011

Famine in Somalia

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hello. I’m here to talk about Somalia’s famine.

Famine almost common because crops don’t properly grow which would happen during summer because there is not enough rain to feed the crops. What exactly happened in Somalia is drought continued for this whole year it may have rained only once or twice so they don’t have enough water to feed the crops. The crops die and that’s why 3 quarters of Somalia doesn’t get enough food. (That’s 2.85 million people that face starvation. Further 1.75million will join the starvation) Around 10 thousand people already died from starvation.

The other reason of famine is Somalia has been in civil war and even if they hadn’t been in war the country was really poor to buy food. People say the war is caused by religions. Somali people are Muslims just like me. (but that really isn’t the point). Well the other religions are obviously non-Muslims. (I’m not saying any ones bad but the war is serious) The war has killed around 200 thousand people.

Somalia is depending on their live stock and animals. Most of the animals can’t produce milk. Camels are dying and if they die what chance do the other animals like cattle’s have to live? Also 80% of the livestock are also done.

I heard the kids are eating leaves so that might affect the oxygen. To help the country I am fund raising for them. So far I only got 4$.D: .But will get more! :D . The way I’m fund raising is I’m selling chocolate bars and you can donate as much as you want. The reason I only have 4$ for the donation is because I only soled one xD. I hope you do something to help too.

Bye for now!

Sources: Me and a thousand of other websites


By: Rakin Mohhamed

Update:August 4 2011 thurs: I now ahve $52.25 i hope i can earn more by tommorow!

Update 09/08/2011 Hello every one again!right now i have 270$ I know not alot I'm still collecting!!

Update friday 2011 agaust 11: Helo......
again....
right now i have 570$ not much my gaol is 700$
*sigh*ok bye


Update Saturday August 27 2011:

Hello again. I have reached my goal! I have collected $705.25.Yay. Now my goal is $1000.25- I have donated this money through Doctors without Borders, Islamic Relief Canada, and Canadian Red cross.- Ok byez...

1 comment: